WHILE IN RWANDA

These are some of the questions I was asked:

1- Would you move to Rwanda?
2- Would you come back?
3- How do I know my talents?
4- How to not disappoint my family if I choose a profession that is not the one that they want me to follow?
5- How long does it take to get married in Scotland?
6- What do I have to do to go abroad?
7- What are you going to leave for us that will inspire us, that will remind us that you were here?

WHAT A BIKE CAN TAKE

Bike is a synonym of status in Ruhuha, Rwanda. It is either a means of transport for commercial or personal purposes. It is an economic source and to have a bicycle is a dream that many people wish to come true in their life.

image

image

DSC06170Bicycles have become the best transport to get students to their schools.

Peddling is  an asset in Ruhuha and people depend on the bikes heavily.

THE BIKES IN RUHUHA

I want to dedicate some special posts for the stunning bikes that are turning heads, at least mine, on the long wide street of Ruhuha.

I love them! They are colourfully painted and decorated with meaningful words . Their owners are proud of what the bike means for them and for the community. The personalisation of the bikes is outstanding. This one is a taxi express!

DSC06162I could not stop photographing them.

DSC06167The driver is more than happy to pose for a picture. “Simba” in Swahili is Lion. Is “Tujyende Simba” Lion of Judah?

The Hebrew word “Shalom” means peace.

DSC06161 “Mana” is God in Kinyarwanda.

Hiace is a van used as a mini bus in Rwanda. So you can imagine what this bike can take. “Bring it on!”

DSC06169How cool this bike is!