Clishmaclaver – Brechin High Library Blog

Has Sherlock lost the plot?

So where do you stand on the great debate? Did you love or hate series 4 of the hugely successful BBC drama Sherlock – and the now infamous final (?) episode?

Cmast-sherlock-benedict-martin-cove-hiresritics mostly hated it – but are they always right? Read this opinion piece from The Day, which presents both sides of the argument – there are hyperlinks to additional reading and suggested activities too! – and make up your own mind.

Click on the image for full article! 😀

Clishmaclaver is ‘old school’ when it comes to her hero, Holmes. I’ve loved the original Conan Doyle stories since childhood but I find BBC writers’ – Mark Gatiss, Steven Moffat, and Stephen Thompson – take on things too light on Sherlockian deductive reasoning and too heavy on ‘soap opera’. I really enjoyed this review from The Economist , which probably comes closest to my line of thinking; I’ve likewise bemoaned the ‘soap operafication’ of James Bond in an earlier blog – Literary Bonds..? – so I feel vindicated! 🙂

Photo credit: ©BBC, 2016

Taken from: www.theday.co.uk, 2017