Assembly 07.01.19

It was great to see all the P1-3 boys and girls back to school looking rested and excited for a new term of learning!

It was our last assembly with P3s joining us, as they will now be attending Mrs Dalziel’s P3-5 assembly on a Friday.

At this assembly we reflected on last term and our holidays. We discussed the new year and thought about how we want to make 2019 a great year in the unit. Before the holidays I had asked every class to do a small job for me. Each class came up with 2 words to describe their class which has made a large wordle inside the unit! The boys and girls also gave me some feedback about what they would like from me as their Depute and information that they wanted me to know about the units to make it even better place. I shared the pupils feedback at the assembly and have started working on some of their ideas already!

As I am new to the unit we started this year by revisiting our Golden Rules and expectations, such as always walking in the units, keeping the units/cloakrooms tidy and holding the doors open. We acted out a story about a Frog School where no one had any respect for each other and we didn’t like the sound of that school! As the boys and girls told me they would like stickers for things they do well, we have now got a new challenge – to gain stickers for following the Golden rules and expectations! At the end of the term we will see which class has been awarded the most stickers!

If your child comes home with a ‘Green Unit Star’ or a ‘Purple Unit Star’ sticker make sure you ask them what they got it for!

STAR CLASS OF THE WEEK WINNER: This week P2K won the star class assembly trophy for sitting smartly, showing good listening and offering lots of suggestions. Well done!

STAR PUPILS – These will start next week and the teachers have their certificates ready to go!

I trust you all had a wonderful holiday and are looking forward to Term 3.  FYI I am teaching P1D on a Monday and Tuesday each week now and had a great first two days with the boys and girls!

Miss Catlow

One thought on “Assembly 07.01.19”

1. We hope you had a festitastic time over the holidays Miss C. We certainly did… it went way to quickly we could’ve done with another week!!
    We do love a sticker in casa del Closey and look forward to trying our best to show we were listening at assembly!! Liam was keen to tell me about the golden rules so I will be reminding him of a morning to keep him on his toes…. there’s stickers at stake !!!😂