Abbotswell Pupil Council
Minute of the meeting held at 10.45pm on 7th December 2018 in the Hall.
This is what we talked about:
All the Council members present signed the attendance sheet.
Attending the meeting were:
Mrs Brechin (staff member)
Nursery – Saharra Shepherd
P1 rm 1 – Aiden Robertson
P1 rm 2 – Mia Baxter
P2 – Sofija Judina
P2/3 – Antony Stars
P3 – Elle Goddard
P4 – Lyla Lovett
P4/5 – Kai Smith
P5 – Callum Donaldson
P6 – Merryn Beattie
P7 – Fraser Adams
Mrs Brechin welcomed everyone to the meeting.
Minutes of last meeting
Mrs Brechin read out the minutes of our last meeting and everyone agreed that they were correct.
After meeting with Jennifer Ritchie and Claire Lovett from the Parent Council two weeks ago, all Pupil Council members have now had the opportunity to talk to their class.
Here are some of their ideas for how to look after any playground equipment the Parent Council may purchase for us:
- Have some pupils trained to be in charge of the equipment
- Make a set of rules for the use of the equipment
- Make a checklist of equipment
- Pupil Council members to monitor equipment
- PSA’s to blow a whistle 5 minutes before the bell to allow time to tidy/collect things
- Use boxes with lid to store equipment
- Use different areas of the playground for different types of equipment
- Buddies to help classes look after equipment/play games with pupils
Next term, we will decide which ideas we will put in place to look after any equipment we may be given.
Meeting ended at 11.25am
Next meeting will be on the 18th January. Time and place to be decided.
Mrs Brechin thanked everyone for coming today.