Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone!  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas holiday!  I would like to say a very big thank you for all of the lovely cards and gifts I received.  I really enjoyed spending the John Lewis gift voucher.  It was very kind and generous of you!

Our topic for this term is called ‘World Explorers’.  We will begin by learning about China, linking this into Chinese New Year.  We will then learn about France, where we will begin learning some basic French (e.g. counting, days of the week and basic greetings).  The children will take on the role of explorers, finding out about countries around the world.

The children will have the chance to talk about the countries they have visited on holiday.  I invite them to bring in photos, tickets, drawings and souvenirs from other countries for a ‘Show and Tell’ session.  The children will then be able to add their photos and souvenirs to our world map display.

Please send any photos and souvenirs into school by Monday 22nd January.

I look forward to hearing about the interesting places the children have visited on their travels.  It is set to be another busy and very exciting term in P1W!

Thank you!

Mrs Williams