w.b. 9.10.17

I can’t  quite believe it is the last week of term already.  I am so proud of how well the children have settled into primary one!  It has been lovely to see all of the wonderful learning which has taken place so far.  The children have also developed some new friendships and are demonstrating some really good cooperation skills when working as part of a group!

The homework for this week includes:

Reading – New reading books were issued on Tuesday.  I will be taking the reading books in on Friday.  Due to the October holidays, I will not be sending out new reading books on Friday.

Please ensure that your child has their reading books, reading record and green all week book in their folder every day.

Tricky words – Your child has a page of ‘tricky words’ in their folder  to practise.  These can be used in lots of different ways.  You could either cut them up and use them as flashcards or you could use them as a word wall and colour them in when your child can read them.  Please support your child to recognise these words to help develop confidence and fluency in reading.

Phonics homework in the blue book – This week our phonics homework is looking at ‘d’ and ‘e’.  Please continue to revisit all of the sounds to help to consolidate your child’s understanding.  Phonics homework can be handed in this week or after the holidays.

This week we have been learning about Autumn.  We went on an Autumn walk and had lots of fun exploring the changes in our outdoor environment.  The children did some wonderful pieces of writing about our walk.  They also created some super Autumn artwork using the natural materials we collected during our walk.

I hope you all have a lovely October holiday.  I look forward to hearing all about what the children have been doing when we come back to school!

Mrs Williams