P7h Blog – 4.2.22

Here is a little sneak peek of what we have been learning in P7h.

We have been learning lots of different ways to multiply numbers. A is a big fan of the column method!

We have also been learning the grid method. Sometimes it’s a bit tricky adding up all the numbers but if you’re careful with your layout then it’s easier – S

We also planned numeracy lessons for P4 and P5. It was really fun to plan the lessons for another class. We included a number talk and we made a sway to teach P5 how to use the bus stop method to divide – A

We’ve been taking part in an Armadale Academy transition numeracy task every week on Teams. We’ve been learning algebra and the Chinese method for multiplying. I’m getting really confident at it – A

We’ve been doing gymnastics in PE. We have been learning different techniques for rolling. – A

It was really cool getting the wall bars out for gymnastics – A

I’m getting better at my forward roll – L

Our topic is ‘Frozen’. Recently we have been learning all about glaciers which are humongous sheets of ice – A

Glaciers form in corries on mountains – J

The weight of the glaciers cause them to move down mountains, picking up rocks and other debris as they go – A

Glaciers turn V-shaped valleys into U-shaped valleys. You can still see evidence of glaciers in the land today – N