P4M BLOG IT! 2.11.20

Hello everyone,

here is an update from P4M.

R – Festivals is our new topic.  We learned about Halloween and this week we are going to be looking at Guy Fawkes night.  W – I know that we will cover new topics throughout the year.  E – I enjoyed the bat pictures and painting the background for our haunted houses.  S – We will be learning about lots of different festivals.

B – We learned about perspective through our topic art and our bat pictures.  Perspective is where two things are the same size but the thing that is further away looks smaller.

L – In PE we are playing ‘Footgolf’.  We use the inside of our foot to kick the ball towards the flag.  K is really enjoying footgolf.  J – We are learning to kick a ball towards a target. A – I’m learning to control the direction of a kick.

E – Through number talks we are looking at the ‘adding up for subtraction’ strategy.  N – We switch a subtraction around and find the difference.

J – We are looking at written methods for addition and I’m finding it easier to add and get the sums right.  T – We have been learning how to carry numbers over.

L – Our new spelling pattern is the long ‘ee’ sound that can be made using ee or e.

M – I’m enjoying when we do the clocks.  We are learning to tell the time.

M – I like learning about our new Jigsaw topic.  I like learning about how people are different.  M – I liked today’s lesson learning about the ‘Solve it together’ strategy to help us solve problems.

Thank you for your continued support,

Miss M and P4M =]