11th June 2020 – End of Day Blog

Good afternoon Primary 3 – I hope you have all had a good day?

For literacy, you were asked to investigate antonyms, to practise spelling and to read independently. What books are you reading at home – we’d love to see some pictures of the front covers.

Some of you may have taken part in the Summer Reading Challenge in the past.  With the disruption caused by Covid-19 and the impact of social distancing on schools and public libraries, the 2020 Challenge will launch in a new digital format designed to keep children engaged and interested in reading. The Challenge will run from 5 June to mid-September.  Here is the link if you would like to participate.

https://summerreadingchallenge.org.uk/news/general/tbfr-scotland

Thank you to SK (P3FW) who sent in her Primary 3 reflection;

“I liked Gymnastics because I learned lots of new moves.  I enjoyed learning about the environment and recycling. I got to make sculptures out of rubbish. I also enjoyed art because I made lots of creations.”

One of your tasks in numeracy today was to log on to Sumdog and try the Tables Challenge.  Well done to those of you who had a go but don’t worry if you haven’t had a chance as the challenge will be available until Sunday night.

Thank you to LB (P3FW) who sent in some fantastic photographs of the amazing walking adventures he has been on over the past few weeks.  Look at the tadpoles he found whilst out and about!

Finally, remember to log on to the blog at 10 am tomorrow for the launch of our Health and Fitness fortnight!!

Mrs Welsh, Mrs Settle and Miss Foote