23/4/20 End of the Day Post

End of Day Blog

Good afternoon boys and girls, Mrs Welsh again this afternoon.

I hope you have had a great day today and enjoyed working on the tasks set for you by your teachers.  I enjoyed watching Newsround and learning about how Muslims will be celebrating Ramadan during Lockdown and learning all the different things people are doing to raise money as part of tonight’s “Big Night In,” especially the Scouts Hike to the Moon!!

I don’t think I will manage that, but I have enjoyed spending some time stargazing this week after the sun has gone down.  This week is very special in the star gazing calendar for a number of reasons. If you look up, and there are no clouds in the sky, you might see a particularly bright star in the sky which is actually the planet Venus (look West).  You might also see some shooting stars this week as the Lyrid Meteor shower takes place.  Finally, if you are very lucky, you might see the Elon Musk Starlink Satellites passing overhead.  They look like a long line of lights in the sky, a bit like a train.  Some people thought they were UFO’s. I’ve been looking every night (South west-East) but not been lucky enough to spot it.

I can see many of you have also been working hard to improve you numeracy skills today by logging on to Sumdog.  A special well done to  CS, EW,  JR, OC, OM, RB, (P3sw) and EF, LB, MS, MM, ZC (P3fw) who all managed 20 minutes or more.

It has been lovely to hear about all the different things you have been doing at home with your families.  EB (p3sw) wanted to share some pictures of her new lockdown pets – some tadpoles! She’s been feeding them, cleaning the water and watching them grow, looking closely for the legs starting to develop.

MS (p3fw) won her swimming club stone painting competition with this fantastic entry.  Well done!

Thank you to TG (p3fw) for the picture of your cool new hair do!!  I have told Mrs Angus that I will need to start wearing some of my fancy dress wigs to our online staff meetings to cover up my terrible hair until I can get back to the hairdressers!

What do you think??

Time to switch of the computers and go outside to enjoy the warm weather!

Mrs Welsh, Mrs Settle and Miss Foote