P5h Learn it, log it, blog it 21.11.19

Hello everyone!

Here in Windyknowe, we have started our financial education focus.

During money month, we earn money to come to school. We can use our money to buy things like rubbers, pencils, sitting on the teacher’s chair or next to a friend. I’m really enjoying it! – Lucy C

I’ve earned lots of money during money month! I’ve been lending my things to my friends and earning bonuses for working hard. I’ve also been saving lots too – Nathan

I’ve been saving and spending quite a lot! – Omar

I love Numeracy! It’s really fun. I really like working on a text book! – Sophie

I’ve been earning link lizards! We get them if we can link our learning to a job in the future, or if we link our learning to another part of the curriculum – Zeti

Here is what we would like to share about out learning in Literacy

I like writing because I always challenge myself to write more. I liked describing rainforest animals for a friend to guess – Ailis

We have been learning to use the context of a sentence to help us work out the missing word. You need to check over your sentence to make sure it makes sense – Ryan

Even though it’s still November, P5h are beginning to get into the Christmas spirit!

I’ve loved doing Art recently. We have been using watercolours to make Peruvian llamas and Christmas candles – Evi

I’ve enjoyed making the Christmas reindeer bags. These will be sold at the Christmas fair – Alice

I’m excited to go to the Christmas fair. I had the idea to make Christmas gift bags! – Brandon

On Tuesday, we were lucky enough to view a pantomime performance in the hall!

We watched the Mother McGoose show. It was so good and funny. The demon king turned into a baby! The giant goose was called Lucy – Aiden