P1a 19.3.19

P1a have been very busy over the last few weeks learning about odd and even numbers, doubles, halves of numbers and skip counting in twos. We have been doing actions as we count in twos to 20 and we have been using lots of practical materials to find addition doubles and halves of  given numbers. This week we are going to be counting in tens and beginning to look at how bigger numbers are made of tens and ones.

In Literacy we have been learning about the sounds ai, ay, oi, and oy. We especially enjoyed a game where we had to work out the oi or oy words stuck to our backs by asking each other questions. This week we will be learning about the sound oa. In writing we have been trying to spell our tricky words correctly such as remembering the ‘a’ in was!

As part of our transport topic we have been learning about ships and submarines. Some of us made submarines from plastic bottles. Others made submarines or ships from large cardboard boxes. We have loved playing in the boxes and Mrs Cook has been very impressed with our co-operation and imaginative ideas.

Andrew – I liked doubles like double ten is twenty.

Cody – I liked learning how submarines have beds and lots of controls.

Ella-Rose – I like doing number talks

Eryn – I learnt ‘ai’.

Ethan – I liked making a sailing boat.

Euan – I liked the crashed car at the museum.

Frankie – I liked the old transport in the museum.

Konstancja – I liked learning how submarines can see with a periscope.

Kyle – I liked learning about how submarines go under the water.

Lucie – I liked making a submarine model with Cody

Luke – I liked making a ship with Lucie.

Nola – I liked making a model boat.

Rebecca – I liked making a model of a submarine with people inside

.