Blog Post 04.03.19

Lendrick Muir P7 Camp

P7: We arrived safely at Lendrick Muir today at 10:30AM. We were introduced to the staff and given a tour of the grounds. After we had a tour of the grounds, we came back into the hall and we found out our teams for our activities. For our first set of activities we had to work as a team. At the first activity it was a test for the team work and it gradually got better for each group as we worked through the tasks. At each activity you could earn a certain amount of tokens. We earned tokens for working as a team and for getting near to the end or finishing the activity. We enjoyed finding out our teams for the activities. However, we would have liked to have more time at each task. Some of the activities were the giant finger, spider’s web, the crane, stepping stones and isotope. We then had the count up all our tokens to see who the winning team was. The winning team got a head start in the rocket launch challenge. We then built our rockets and filled them with a certain amount of fuel (decided by the groups) and created a stand to launch it. We all went outside and launched the rockets. The orange team’s rocket went for miles!

After the rocket launch, we came back and finished setting up and trying to make our beds (some were successful). We then reflected on our task with the instructors.

For dinner we had either fish or chicken pie with wedges. We had one last activity with the instructors which was the inflatables. We had to make sure our arms and legs were covered. The obstacles on it were the budge cord which you had to run against and place a bean bag at the furthers point and a wrecking which we could knock other off with.

We have just had hot chocolate and shortbread for supper, yum! We then got our jammies on and we are now ready to watch our DVD.

7 thoughts on “Blog Post 04.03.19

1. Thank you for the great update, looks like a fun day was had. Can’t wait to hear more tonight. I hope they all had some good sleep….Missing Megan like crazy but I know she will make great memories….😍

2. Sounds great fun! I would like to have seen the rocket 🚀 launch challenge! Have a great day today 😀

3. Wow, sounds as if your first day was a blast. I could have sworn I saw a rocket in the sky way over in Edinburgh 😀. Inflatables sound fun! Hope you all have a good nights sleep.
    Duncan’s Mum

4. Brilliant, sounds like a fab first day
    You will all be ready for your bed tonight
    Enjoy tomorrow x

5. Sounds a great first day! Hope you all get a great sleep in preparation for tomorrow’s activities! X

6. What a busy first day, sounds like you have all had great fun! I would have liked to be a fly on the wall as Elliot attempted to make his bed 😂Have a great time tomorrow 😊