Primary 7 Afternoon Activities 4.6.20

Good Afternoon Primary 7,

I hope you are all well and looking forward to finding out more about your transition to high school in the coming days and weeks.  Please don’t worry if you can’t complete your afternoon tasks because you are busy with transition work, that’s absolutely fine.

Here is the link to today’s Virtual Sports Fortnight activity set by Mrs Lafferty.  Remember to share your results by e-mailing a video to the school e-mail address.

https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/wl/stjohnogilvieprimary/2020/06/04/virtual-sports-fortnight-day-9-toilet-paper-games/

Your art task for this week continues to focus on improving your health and wellbeing.  I hope that you all found the doodling task last week to be relaxing, it was great to see all the different ideas you came up with.  This week we are going to be doing some colouring in.  Many of you may think that colouring in is for younger children, however it has many proven health benefits for older children and even for adults.  These include, helping to lift your mood, decreasing anxiety and stress levels and distracting from negative thoughts and worries.  I have attached some mindfulness colouring in pages for you to give a try:

Mindfulness-Positivity-colouring-pack

Words-of-Encouragement-Mindfulness-Colouring-Sheets

There are many other colouring pages online so feel free to choose a different one.  If you don’t have access to a printer, you may have some colouring books in your house or you could even do some more doodling and colour it in.  Alternatively, why don’t you try and think of something else that helps you to relax and reduces your stress levels.  For example, you may like to read a book, listen to music or write a diary entry.

Mrs McLaughlin has an online meeting to attend tomorrow morning therefore I will be setting up the teams catch up.  I will start the meeting at 10am.  I look forward to speaking to you all then.

Have a lovely relaxing afternoon.

Mrs Craig