P3A Learning Highlights 13th February 2020

This week we learned more about the Egyptians and we listened to how mummies talked.  We learned about what was inside the pyramid so that we can write a story about being inside the Pyramid of Giza.  In art we made ourselves into Egyptian Pharaohs, we used our photograph and oil pastels.  We learned that the nose and beard of the Sphinx fell off and they are now in museums in England and France.  In maths we learned the 4 times table. We learned about the blue cog in emotion works.  We now know this shows ways for us to calm back down.  We learned how to play a new game to help us learn about past, present and future tense.  We practised our spelling skills using a coconut game.  Here is the link.

https://www.arcademics.com/games/coconuts

Some of our personal learning highlights are:

Ronan – I learned about the Egyptian Pharaohs and I liked doing this artwork.

Myles – I liked learning about how the mummies talked.

Adam – I learned that the Sphinx does not have a nose or a beard.

Amelia – I learned how to do the 4 times table.  My strategy is to count up in fours.

Emily – I learned what was inside the pyramid.

Patrick – I learned about how the Egyptians all put make up on.  Their favourite was eye liner.

Aoife – I learned how to play the new Brain Box game.

Elizabete – I learned what was inside the pyramid.

Grant – I liked learning about how the mummies talked.

Sam – I learned that in the Pyramid of Giza there was an unfinished room and I liked learning about the Egyptians.