St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

P4B AM Wednesday 29th April

Good Morning P4!

Here are some tasks for you to work through this morning:

Handwriting

Using cursive writing, write 3 sentences about:

1. Something I have enjoyed learning about this week and why?
  2. Something I have enjoyed doing other than learning this week and why?
  3. How I have been feeling this week and why?

For those of you who have been working on your formation of letters, take 2 letters each day to practice.

Letter Formation

Today, we are going to think about Onomatopoeia. Onomatopoeia are words that sound like the sounds it makes, for example whoosh.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/z4mmn39/articles/z8t3g82

Thinking about things you find in your house, use onomatopoeia to describe what they sound like. I have attached a worksheet to help, but can you come up with anymore? Try and come up with a few different onomatopoeia’s for each one. We will be using these for tomorrow’s writing task, so keep them safe.

Onomatopoeia Worksheets

Maths

Today, let’s think about making the same amount but using different combinations of coins and notes. Can you come up with 5 different ways for each amount.

Coin combinations HOT Coin combinations MILD Coin combinations SPICE

I look forward to seeing your work on your Personal Learning Blogs. Remember to look back on pieces of work carried out previously as myself and Mrs Valente may have left you a comment.