St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

Primary 6 Afternoon Post 22-04-20

Good afternoon Primary 6.

We hope you are managing to get outside at some point everyday to enjoy the lovely weather we’ve been having.  Maybe some of you are lucky enough to have a garden you can spend lots of time in.  If you do, you can even do some of your tasks outside.

This afternoon we’d like you to have another look at the new topic, The Jacobites.  Yesterday we asked you to do some research about who the Jacobites were.  Today we’re going to look at when the Jacobites featured in Scottish history.  There will be a picture pdf file attached and we would like you to look at it and create your own version of the timeline of Scottish history, either in your jotter or on your personal learning blog.  You don’t need to print it off, just be able to look at it.  It’s all in the correct order for you apart from pictures 2 & 3 (not sure why they’ve been mixed up I’m afraid…).  You can create your own illustrations using the pictures as guides.  The timeline is important for you to be able to understand which parts of Scottish history we are going to be looking at this term.

Sorry, I’ve had to split the pdf as it was too big to upload all at once  and my internet doesn’t want to play today – technology issues!

I’m going to post all of this and fight with my ICT issues then post the timeline, sorry you’ve all had to wait so long!

The second activity for the afternoon is a drama one.  There will be a set of cards uploaded and you have to choose a poem, rhyme or song and say the lyrics in the way the cards suggest.  If you can do this with a member of your family, it will be quite fun but if everyone is busy with their own tasks, try reciting it to a teddy bear or other soft toy.  Choose any poem or song, you can even use a Robert Burns one from last term!

say-it-another-way-drama-activity

Have fun!

Mrs Morrison & Mrs Lea