P4a Learning Highlights

In P4a, we have been working very hard.

Curriculum areas and subjects

In Maths, we were rounding to the nearest 10 and 100. Some people tried to round to the nearest 10 and 100 beyond 1000 thousand and they enjoyed the challenge.

We also measured in cm using rulers. We had the challenge of measuring the length of different sizes of leaves. We also wrote our name and had to measure the length of each line.

Interdisciplinary learning

We got to make parachutes!  We had different materials to choose from to make the parachute. We had a toy figure to test out our parachute. We had to work in teams and it was a tricky challenge. We had to persevere and work well together.

The ethos and life of the school

On Friday we had Mass. We learnt about Saint Francis. We learnt that he lived in Italy 900 years ago.

Father Simon asked us to look after the world and one way we can do that is to pick up litter.

We also sang different hymns (Follow me, Colours of day dawn, Bind us together and all that I am) and prayed.

Opportunities for personal achievement

Alessio- ‘I have gotten better at measuring using a ruler. I am also proud of my story I have written this week.’

Jakub- ‘I am proud of my effort when making the parachute.’

Lily- ‘I have gotten better at handwriting as I can join letters together.’

Lastly, thank you Jaagruti, Zara and Emily for showing us your medals.