Primary 2/1 Learning Highlights 12th September 2024

This week we have been learning about our sense of hearing. We watched a video to find out how our ears work and then completed an activity where we had to shake the cups and match them to a picture of what we thought was inside. Some of them were quite tricky to work out.

In Maths, we have been learning to write the numbers 7,8 and 9 correctly. We investigated the properties of 3D shapes and sorted the shapes into ones that rolled and ones that stacked. To help us remember the names of the shapes we played a game where we had to guess which shape was missing. For the last turn all the shapes were taken away and we had to name them all.

In Literacy, we have been learning all about the letter c. We learned where in our mouth we make this sound and how to say it correctly. We then wrote the letter using crayons. In writing, we wrote sentences beginning with I can. Everyone is becoming confident in using the common words and sounds we have learned.

In RE, we listened to the story of The Call of David and coloured in a picture from the story.

As it is Fairtrade fortnight we watched a video about the Fairtrade logo. We then used paint to create the logo with our fingerprints. We are going to look out for the logo on items when we are at the shops.

Some of our personal highlights this week are:

Vivaan – I enjoyed writing the letter c.

Hallie – I am proud of how hard I tried to be nice to people.

Martha – I enjoyed painting the Fairtrade logo.

Dhawan – I enjoyed drawing pictures.

Miles – I enjoyed playing with the 3D shapes.

Zenith – I enjoyed writing in the jotters.

Miss Stebbing – I was very impressed with everyone trying hard to remember the names of the 3D shapes.