P1 Learning Highlights 30th August 2024

Another fun and busy week in P1.  This week we have been looking at where a noise or picture is located, if it is at the beginning, middle or end.  We also used hoops for the children to jump in to the hoop at the beginning, in the middle or at the end. We revised same and different vocabulary as well as loud and quiet.

We read the story A Little Spot of Sadness and the children made talking sentences of something that makes them sad.  We drew black line drawings of this and tried to scribe and mark make about our picture.

In Maths we looked at the numbers 2 and 3, what they look like as a quantity and as a number and we practised forming the numbers 2 and 3.  We looked at pattern in the environment and made our own patterns using loose parts.  We also stated to look at and name 2d shapes and sorting shapes.  We practised our cutting skills by completing a cut and stick shape activity.   We are continuing to enjoy counting forwards and backwards and we use a 100 square to help us look at the numbers as we count.

We watched a story about feeling angry and discussed what makes us feel angry and strategies to help us calm down.  We did talking sentences about what makes us angry.

We looked at photos of people who help us in school Mrs Mc Kissack and Mrs McLaughlin and the jobs they do.  We looked at our school crest and made our own.

In Spanish we are learning to say hello and the colours red, green, blue and yellow.  We sing a song to help us.

Today we got to meet up with our buddies for Outdoor learning.  We have lots of fun and used lots of equipment we even got to go on the bikes and scooters.

In Religion we learned how God loves all of us and that we are all special to God.  We are continuing to learn how to bless ourselves and the daily prayers.

Our Learning Highlights:

Alfie: ‘I liked doing our school badges and the marble run’

Tiara: ‘I liked reading’

Myra: ‘I liked drawing’

Ava: ‘I liked outdoor learning with our buddies’

Daniel: ‘I liked every single part of school’

Emilio: ‘I liked playing with my buddies and wearing my birthday crown’

Franek: ‘I liked playing with the toys’

Cerys: ‘I liked playing on the pirate ship’

Well done to Lena our Hot Chocolate winner this week.

Have a lovely weekend everyone and enjoy the sunshine.