Primary 1A Learning Highlights 20th January 2023

This week we have been learning about the ‘y’ sound. We have also been continuing our work on Narrative writing. We wrote a story all about a little boy looking at a scooter. We had to use our sounds and our word bank to help us write the words.

In maths, we have been learning about odd and even numbers. We read a story all about Osman Odd and Eshal Even who muddled up their shopping. We had to help them sort out the even and odd items.

In science, we left cups of water and balloons filled with water outside overnight. It was so cold that the water turned to ice. We then put them in the water tray to investigate.

Throughout the week, we have been learning about the celebrations for Chinese New Year. We learned about the dragons and lion dancer. We heard the story about Nian the monster and all the things they had to do to scare away the monster. We made a lucky envelope, couplets, a lantern and a dragon.

Some of our personal highlights this week are:

Summer Rose – I enjoyed doing the dragons.

Lillian – I enjoyed doing the lanterns.

Oliver – I enjoyed drawing.

Connor – I enjoyed playing.

Vedansh – I enjoyed playing outside.

Alexander – I enjoyed playing with my friends.

Miss Stebbing – I was very impressed with everyone trying to read words by segmenting and blending the sounds.

Congratulations to Oliver who is our hot chocolate winner this week.