Primary 1A Learning Highlights 2nd December 2022

This week we have been learning the sounds ‘l’ and ‘r’. We have used these sounds to read words and we even read a whole sentence! In writing, we wrote about our aliens and were able to describe them very well.

In maths, we have been practising our subtraction skills. We are getting very good at using our finger patterns to help us. We also talked about quick ways to read the ten frames so we do not have to always count from one.

We celebrated St Andrew’s Day by making Scotland flags and eating some delicious shortbread.

We have been learning about Advent and we have made an Advent Wreath in our classroom. We also have an Advent Calendar and we will each get a turn to reveal the picture. We also have a book Advent Calendar to open.

In Health and Wellbeing, we discussed what we do when we cough or sneeze. We took photos of each other and uploaded them to Seesaw to make an information poster.

Today we went to St Peter’s Church to visit the Planetarium. We went into a special dome and watched Ted and Plant visit the planets. We also learned about astronauts and the moon. It was great fun!

Our personal highlights this week are:

Lillian – I enjoyed being in the dome and seeing Ted and Plant crash.

Summer Rose – I enjoyed watching Ted going to space.

Vedansh – I enjoyed learning about being respectful.

Joshua – I enjoyed watching the astronauts.

Vasilisa – I enjoyed watching the planets.

Eve – I enjoyed watching the astronauts.

Miss Stebbing – I was very, very proud of P1A when they visited the Planetarium. They were very respectful and listened so well. It was great fun seeing all the stars and the planets.

Well done to Kacper who is our Hot Chocolate winner this week.