St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

P4B – Wednesday 1st April 2020

Good morning P4B

I hope you are all well and have been enjoying your tasks so far this week.

Today we are going to carry out a number of activities linked to a book.

1. I would like you to access and listen to the story ‘Unplugged’ by Steve Antony https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCrUUKklZUw
  2. Whole Class – I would like you to draw a picture of one of the activities Blip carried out on his adventure adding some speech bubbles of what you think he might be saying. Remember when we write speech bubbles we do not use speech marks or ‘said Blip’. Underneath your picture you can then write what Blip said using speech marks. Here is an example:

3. Unplugged is all about Blip who spends all day plugged into her computer, playing games and having fun. But when there is a POWER CUT, Blip goes down the stairs and out the front door, where she discovers playing games and having fun . . . OUTSIDE. Isn’t it wonderful to be UNPLUGGED?

Group 1 – (Those who work with myself for writing)
    -I would like you to write 3 statements for using technology and 3 statements against using Technology. I have uploaded a ‘For and Against Sheet’ in case you want to use it. You then need to choose what side you stand on, whether for or against and write me a letter to persuade me to use more/less technology during lessons. I have uploaded a document with the useful words/phrases we have previously discussed in class when writing a persuasive piece of writing.

I have uploaded a checklist for you to ensure you have included everything in your writing.

Group 2 – (Those who work with Mr Glancy)
    -I would like you to make a story map, mapping out Blips adventure using pictures. Some of you will be able to write a short statement for each to explain what is happening at each stage. Start your map from when Blip becomes unplugged, next when he topples down a hill, then goes through the forest and then continue your map to the end of the story. When you are finished you could show it to someone wherever you are and retell the story to them.

Any completed word should be uploaded onto your Personal Learning Blog, accessed through your Glow Launchpad. This will give me the opportunity to look at your work and provide feedback.

Have a great morning and I will post another task at around 12.15.

Persuasive writing words

For and Against Sheet

Writing Checklist 1