Primary 1A Learning Highlights 17th December 2021

This week we have been learning two new sounds ‘l’ and ‘r’.  We can say the sounds, we can write them and we can say our common words.  In writing we wrote about what we would do if Santa got stuck in the chimney.  We had lots of good ideas to get him out!

For topic we have been sorting out toys.  We found toys that we had to push and other toys that we had to pull.  We talked about how they work and what they do when they work.  Some made noise, some made light and some moved.  We used the toy catalogues to find toys that used electricity and ones that did not.  We cut the pictures out and glued them on a special sheet.

We have been doing lots of Christmas activities.  We even made ourselves into elves!  We made special cards for our buddies and we made snowmen pictures with our finger prints.

Every day we have listened to the Advent stories that the Primary 7s have been reading.  Our favourite was ‘Rudey’s Windy Christmas’.  We knew this story well because we had read it in our classroom.

Our personal highlights this week are:

Caiden – I liked playing the game duck, duck, goose in PE.

Ollie – I liked having a race outside with lots of other people.

Chimamanda – I liked playing with the lego.

Rory – I liked playing with the transformers.

Vivien – I liked making our craft bags.

Diana – I liked reading the Christmas books.

Aadya – I enjoyed playing tag outside.

Chahiti – I liked making Christmas crafts.