St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

P2B Week Beginning 29th November 2021

This week in P2B we started our new topic – Local Jobs and Places to Work. We discussed jobs that people in our families have and went for a walk around the local area to see what businesses are near by and the jobs that people do in each place. The children were all really excited to be out on a walk and some were pointing out their house nearby!

We had fun making some thistles and Scotland flags for St Andrew’s day and enjoyed our treat of tasting irn bru and shortbread, whilst watching some ceilidh dancing, when we returned from our walk.

Highlights from the blue table:

Rowan – “going for a walk to see what I want to be when I am older for my job.”

Daniel – “the walk because we got to see all of the places for the different jobs.”

Nicolas – “learning about ‘Uncle Ed’ for verbs to put the ed at the end of words.”

Sean – “trying the irn bru and the shortbread for St Andrew’s day – I loved them!”

Olek – “making a snowman for the window because it was fun to colour and stick.”

Moeez – “trying the irn bru and shortbread because it was so tasty and the treats are Scottish.”

Have a lovely weekend,

Miss Lawrence