St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

P6B learning highlights 03.12.21

Dear parents,

This week we have been very busy working together and having lots of fun.

St Andrew’s day: We enjoyed watching a fantastic assembly on teams performed by the Primary 7’s about St Andrew’s day and even got to have some Irn-bru and shortbread.  Here’s some of our St Andrew’s day art:

Rights of the child: We have been learning about article 2 and 23 this week which helps us understand how to support people with disabilities and what the government must put in place to make their lives better to help them to be treated fairly.

Blessing of the crib: At the end of the week we got to watch Father Simon blessing the crib on teams.

Tanya: I feel we are doing well with fractions and understanding the difference between improper fractions and mixed numbers.

Kieran: I have enjoyed working on my times tables and doing division.

Alex: I have enjoyed learning about earth heroes and how they can inspire us to save the planet.

Hannah: I liked creating sways about what we have been learning in term 2 and even set ourselves some targets to achieve.

Rebecca: I have enjoyed helping to create our Christmas window display.

Connor: I enjoyed working with Mrs McLaughlin to create an advent calendar with lots of kind ideas inside.

Over and above: Well done to Julia this week for always being ready, respectful and safe!

Have a great weekend,

Mrs Roy