This week in P1B

What a busy week we have had in P1. We have started preparations for our Christmas assembly and we’re all very excited to get our parts. We have been learning to sign Christmas songs and have really impressed our teachers at how well we have managed to do them.

In maths we have been learning more about money. We started to think about making amounts and used coins to buy different things from the toy shop. We spoke about the importance of making sure we had enough money to buy something.

This week we have been consolidating our learning of sounds. We have been ensuring we are forming them correctly and have been using our sounds to blend CVC words. We have also been practising to read and write our  high frequency words. Please remember to access our Virtual Classroom to practise learned sounds and high frequency words.

We have enjoyed doing some Christmas art this week to make a lovely window display, which can be seen from the playground.

We were very lucky to have Miss Gibson in our class for two sessions on coding. We used the Beebots to learn directional language and used it to program the Beebot to get from one place to another. We also used this knowledge to the use the Beebot app on the IPads. If you have access to a tablet the Beebot app is free and well worth a download.

This week during play we have had lots of fun.

kacper – I liked the Lego.

Scott – I liked playing with the snow.

Aaeryn-Leigh – I liked the shop and cafe.

Ella – I really liked the Safari animals.

Addison – I liked colouring in Christmas cards.

Alex – I liked looking through the Smyths Catalogue.