St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

Week ending 11/10/2024

Hello families of P4A.

This week has been super busy with our parents night and all of our hard work that we have been doing.

This week primary 4A have been learning some sign language in class. We have learned some of the daily greetings such as hello, good morning, how are you etc. Pupils also have learned how to sign some of the colours which has been very fun.

Pupils also have worked very hard throughout their reading this week. We have read our new books and are aiming to improve our fluency and confidence by reading in a group.

Pupils enjoyed football again this week with the WLFA. They have shown great listening and communication within their groups and also have improved their ball skills.

P4A have researched a lot about mental health as it was world mental health day this week. We created posters about ways to practice self care and how to keep our minds healthy.

Some comments from the pupils this week:

Ethan: “ I enjoy free writing Friday because it allows me to write about things I like and whatever I want”

Tiwa “I really liked the smartboard and ipad games that we play for maths”

Grace “I like doing sign language and enjoyed Miss Maxwell showing us how she can sign a Christmas song”.

Deveena “ I enjoyed making a display for our reading wall. It was very fun”

The P4A hot chocolate winner this week goes to Tvisha. She continues to be very kind and work hard in all of her tasks. Well done Tvisha! Keep up the great work.

I hope that you all enjoy your October break and I will see you for term 2!! (can you believe how fast time is flying by).

Miss Maxwell : )