St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

Primary 2/1 Learning Highlights 11th October 2024

This week we have been learning all about the letter ‘t’. We have been using this sound to build words and we practised forming the letter correctly. We read ‘The Tiger Who Came to Tea’ and we thought of lots of different things beginning with t that the tiger could eat. We then had to draw pictures of these things and write the word underneath. Miss Stebbing was very impressed by our sounding out skills.

In Maths, we have been ordering numbers and we enjoyed using the caterpillar game from Topmarks to help us. It was a bit of a challenge at first as the numbers were not in a sequence and we had to think carefully about which number came next.

In RE, we have been learning the Hail Mary. We watched a video of some children using sign language to sign the words of the prayer and we practised along with them.

The most exciting part of the week was on Wednesday when we went on our school trip. We had a fantastic time at the Lyceum Theatre seeing The Baddies. We remembered so much from reading the story in school and we were able to explain the differences between the stage show and the book. The characters were very funny and they did lots of silly things. We even got to dance along with them. After the show the staff gave us stickers which we loved! We had our lunch at the Museum and then had a wander around looking at the different exhibits.

Some of our personal highlights this week are:

Zac – I enjoyed going to the Museum.

Niamh – I enjoyed going to see The Baddies.

Hallie – I enjoyed going on the school trip to the theatre.

Amariah – I enjoyed going to The Baddies. I liked the song.

Elsie – I enjoyed making the tiger masks.

Vihann – I enjoyed seeing the T-Rex at the museum.

Congratulations to Hallie who is our Hot Chocolate Winner for this week. She always tries her best in all tasks and she is a great friend.