Primary 2/1 Learning Highlights 4th October 2024

This week has been a very busy week in P2/1.

We have been learning all about the sound ‘a’. We have been reading and writing words using the sounds we have learned so far. It was great fun to use the mini telephones to hear our words clearly. We have been reading ‘The Baddies’ by Julia Donaldson and we wrote a sentence about who our favourite character is.  We are looking forward to going to see the stage show next week.

In science, we investigated our sense of smell using the silly scent pens. Some of them were very nice but some of them were not!

In RE, we have been learning about Mary and the Rosary. We looked at the Rosary Beads Miss Stebbing has and we put them on our altar. We worked together to colour in a stained glass window for our RE wall.

In maths, we used apples to count and then order from the smallest to the biggest. We then used a stick puppet of the ghost from The Baddies book to look at different prepositions.

On Thursday for PE we took part in a football session and we were all very tired but we had great fun.

We have had three visitors to finish our World of Work fortnight. We loved learning about being a nurse, a careers advisor and about working in the Tesco distribution centre.

Some of our personal highlights this week are:

Hallie – I enjoyed learning about being a nurse.

Martha – I enjoyed doing the silly scent pens.

Vihaan – I enjoyed writing about The Baddies.

Zenith – I enjoyed learning about football.

Amariah – I enjoyed learning about letters.

Vivaan – I enjoyed writing the letter a.

Congratulations to Joseph who is our Hot Chocolate winner this week. He always tries hard in all his learning activities and is a good friend to others.