St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

P1 Weekly Learning Highlights 20th September 2024

It was lovely having everyone back together after our long September holiday weekend.  We hope you all had a lovely time.

In Literacy we looked at the sound ‘s’ we worked on formation and distinguishing the m, c and s sound by sorting. We developed our talking and listening skills by sharing our news with the class.  We introduced the common word ‘see’, we will use this next week in our talking sentences and writing.

In maths we looked at the number 8 working on forming it correctly.  We also worked on 10 frames – making amounts and adding one more. We continued to work on our mental maths and counting.

For our Senses topic this week we focused on the sense of taste and linked it to Fairtrade as it was Fairtrade Fortnight.  We tasted different types of Fairtrade chocolate then voted in class for our favourite.  We then added our class results to an area wall display. We looked at the story of chocolate and then completed a shopping basket activity.  The children had to choose 5 Fairtrade products to put in their basket. 

Weekly Highlights:

Tiara ‘I liked learning about Fairtrade’

Alfie ‘I liked gym’

Emma ‘I liked helping to tidy’

Daniel ‘I liked cutting out the snake’

Myra ‘ I liked writing’

Well done to Guhan Kumar our Hot Chocolate winner this week.