Primary 2/1 Learning Highlights 6th September 2024

This week we have been learning all about the ‘m’ sound. We have learned how to write the sound correctly and we have been practising writing it on the Smartboard. Ask us why the ‘m’ sound is in red. We wrote a sentence about what makes us angry and we were all able to remember how to write the common word ‘I’.

In maths, we have been learning about 2D shapes. We learned about the names and how many sides and corners each shape has. We made shape monsters to display on the Maths Wall. We also learned to write numbers 4, 5 and 6 correctly.

In RE, we learned about the important people in our school and how they help us.

We have started our Topic work all about the 5 senses. We learned all about our sense of touch this week. We had to feel the items inside the balloons and match them to the correct picture. We were very good at this activity. We then learned words to describe how different things felt and made a special hand picture to show this.

In PE, we have been listening and following instructions in different games. When we finished PE on Thursday, there was a fire drill and we did very well listening to the instructions to get out to the playground safely. Miss Stebbing and Mrs Lafferty were very proud of us.

Some of our personal highlights this week are:

Tyler – I enjoyed reading a book.

Freddie – I enjoyed playing with the marbles.

Elsie – I enjoyed making my monster.

Muhammad – I enjoyed playing with the trains.

Danvith –  I liked writing about being angry.

Niamh – I enjoyed writing m.

Miss Stebbing – I loved seeing all the shape monsters. They were very creative!

Congratulations to Elsie who is our Hot Chocolate Winner this week. She showed a great attitude towards writing her numbers and the letter m this week.