Primary 2/1 Learning Highlights 23rd August 2024

This week we have been learning how to write zero and one correctly. We learned a little rhyme to help us remember the correct formation. We have also been ordering numbers and finding the missing numbers.

In Literacy, we have been identifying sounds that are the same and not the same. We also had to circle pictures to show which one was the same and then which one was the odd one out. In writing, we did our first piece of writing in our jotters and we wrote a sentence about what made us feel happy. We also drew a picture and the staff were very impressed with the detail in our drawings.

In RE, we are continuing to learn our daily prayers and we set up our classroom altar.

We enjoyed playing different games in PE with Mrs Lafferty and practising listening carefully to the instructions.

On Wednesday, we had our first House Group meeting and we got to go to different classrooms. We had to vote on which name we wanted our House to be called.

On Friday, we had some time with our buddies and we did some reading with them.

Here are some of our personal highlights this week:

Miles – I enjoyed playing with the penguins.

Dhawan – I enjoyed playing with the blocks.

Zenith – I enjoyed doing writing.

Amariah – I enjoyed cutting out.

Danvith – I enjoyed playing with the blocks.

Muhammad – I enjoyed playing with my friends.

Miss Stebbing – I was so proud of seeing everyone trying so hard to write their sentences.

Congratulations to Vivaan who is our Hot Chocolate Winner this week.