St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

Week Beginning 4/12/23 – P2 Weekly Highlights

Hello Families of P2

We have had a very busy and fun week in class, learning lots of new things and transforming part of our classroom into Santa’s Workshop!

We worked on subtraction within 20 in numeracy and learned about more than/less than and equals to. We wrote excellent descriptive stories and learned new sounds, ee and ea, in literacy.

We listened to the story ‘Paper Dolls’ and used our problem solving and creative skills to make our own sets of paper dolls. We had great fun taking our dolls on adventures around our classroom, after we made them.

The most exciting part of our week was making and playing in our Santa’s Workshop – we all love it!

We even made our very own Santa Sleigh, big enough to sit in and carry lots of presents.

Highlights

Luca – I liked playing in Santa’s workshop. I was the oldest Elf. I liked making and wrapping the presents.

Enso – I liked painting the Santa Sleigh.

Lillian, Vasilisa and Summer Rose – We liked being baby Elves in Santa’s Workshop.

Cameron – I liked making and delivering gifts in Santa’s Workshop.

Olga – I liked making the sign for Santa’s Sleigh.

Huge Congratulations to Layla, our hot chocolate winner!

Have a lovely weekend!