St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

Primary 2 – 8.9.23

Good Afternoon Families,

We are not sure if the children have told you, but our very own Ogilvie Bear is travelling around the world.  He arrived in America this week and has been sending us messages about where he is and what he has been doing.  The children coloured American flags, took a virtual trip to Disney and decorated their own Mickey Mouse ears.

In Literacy, we focused on the ‘sh’ and ‘th’ sounds.  We also did a piece of writing about our favourite place.  We continued to work on trying to remember to use full stops, capital letters and finger spaces.  We also asked the children to use a joining word to connect their ideas.  We were very impressed with the writing produced!

In Maths and Numeracy, we continued to investigate 3D shapes.  The children were naming and sorting different 3D shapes, and we went on a 3D shape hunt around the school grounds.

Highlights of the Week:

Vedansh:  I liked trying to join my letters together in handwriting.

Lillian:  I loved decorating my Mickey Mouse ears.

Luca:  I enjoyed free writing Friday, I wrote about monsters!

Enso:  I liked learning new words in Word Boost.

Filip:  I liked working with Miss Smith on my literacy.

Connor:  I liked searching for 3D shapes outside.

Summer: I liked getting letters from Ogilvie Bear.

Huge congratulation to our hot chocolate Friday winner this week, Vasilisa!  She is always hard working and extremely helpful!  We are very proud of you Vasilisa!

Have a great weekend everyone!