Primary 1 Learning Highlights 1st September 2023

This week we have been learning how to write the numbers 2 and 3. We even made the numbers with play dough which was great fun. We have been doing lots of counting and we have been taking turns with Miss Stebbing to say the number sequences. We like it when we get to zero first!

In writing, we wrote about what we can do if someone is sad and we had lots of great ideas. We have continued our work on same and not the same by listening to sounds.

In topic, Ogilvie Bear has been visiting travel agents in Livingston Centre to plan his adventures around the world. We made him a special passport so he can go to visit different countries.  We also did our first Seesaw task to help him pack his suitcase for hot and cold weather. We even saw photos of Ogilvie Bear at the Airport and we had a great discussion about where he could go and what he had to do to keep himself safe at the airport. We are very excited to see which country he visits first!

Some of our personal highlights this week are:

Joseph – I liked playing with the blocks.

Alfie – I liked making the fire engine.

Dawid – I liked playing with the trains.

Sophia – I liked making a wand.

Leah – I liked playing with Sadness Spot and Happy Spot.

Miss Stebbing – I was very impressed when some of the children made their own fire engine and hoses. They put out lots of fires in our classroom!

Well done to Alfie who is our hot chocolate winner this week!