Primary 1A Learning Highlights 2nd June 2023

This week the dragon left the story of the Three Little Pigs. We have completed lots of activities based on this book and had lots of discussions about the characters and setting. We had to build a house for the little pig using marshmallows and cocktail sticks. We worked with a partner and our teamwork was fantastic! Then the Big Bad Wolf (a hairdryer) blew down the houses. It was very funny. The dragon left us a Huff and Puff Challenge. We had to huff and puff to move different items across the floor and we had to record how many puffs it took. Some were very easy but some were challenging. For writing, we wrote a description of the Big Bad Wolf and we used lots of adjectives to describe him.

In maths, we have been learning about the division sign and we used counters to complete the division sums. We have also continued to practise making fact families using three numbers and we are more confident with this now.

Some of our personal highlights are:

Vedansh – I enjoyed making the little pig’s house.

Filip – I liked playing with the blocks.

Connor – I enjoyed making the houses and seeing the Wolf blow them down.

Summer Rose – I enjoyed the Big Bad Wolf blowing down the houses.

Lillian – I enjoyed doing the Huff and Puff Challenge.

Congratulations to Connor who is our hot chocolate winner this week.