P2A Weekly Highlights – Week Beginning 13th March

Hello Families of Primary 2A,

We have had another wonderful week!

In Numeracy we have been learning about money, the children have enjoyed lots of fun activities identifying coins, ordering coins and adding coins to make an amount.

In Literacy we have been learning new sounds, our favourite spelling activity was writing our spelling words in shaving foam.

We have been reading the story book ‘Class Two at the Zoo’ by Julia Jarman, the children loved acting out different characters in the book. We designed enclosures to keep the anaconda safe and stop him from escaping, Primary 2A thought of such amazing ideas –  you can ask your child about their design!

In Spanish we have been learning how to say farm animals. We played lots of fun games to practise – you can ask your child if they can remember any animals (vaca, cerdo, gallina, caballo, oveja, perro).

Primary 2A made beautiful mother’s day cards using tissue paper – the children enjoyed writing special messages in their cards, they are so excited to share them with you!

Here are some highlights from pupils in Primary 2A:

“I loved decorating my mother’s day card and writing words to mummy” – Deveena, Chahiti and Diana.

“The shaving foam was so fun” – Linda

“I like learning about money, my favourite was the coin game” – Vivien

“I enjoyed playing with the zoo animals” – Ollie

“I liked going to the woodlands for outdoor learning, I found a centipede and slugs” – Riley, Rory and Caiden.

I hope you have a lovely weekend and a happy mother’s day!

Miss Roscilli