Primary 4b weekly blog post 16th December 2022

Wow!  One more week to go!

In maths this week, we have been looking at money.  We can now recognise and show all coins and notes to £20.  We know how to find the total of an amount and show it using pounds and pence.  We have been showing different ways to make the same amount.  Additionally, to support our last addition and subtraction topic, also did some word problems and we practised using the inverse again.

In literacy, we’ve been learning about descriptive writing.  We have been using nouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs/adverbials phrases, prepositional phrases and figurative language (such as similes and alliteration).  We wrote a lovely description about a beach today and used loads of descriptive vocabulary to paint a clear image in our reader’s head.

Our highlights from this week:

Layla: I liked getting the hot chocolate because it shows my hard work.

Stefi: I liked creating our Christmas artwork because we were able to colour.

Jonah: I loved watching the Christmas film and also the art.

Markuss: I enjoyed doing the Friday Newsround Quiz.  The most interesting question was about the Geminid meteor shower.  There were 150 meteors per hour!

Amelia is also very proud of her Lego creation.  It is spectacular!

Well done to Layla for being our hot chocolate winner this week.

Have a great weekend.  I hope you manage to find some time to play in the snow.

Mrs Brown