Primary 4b weekly blog 9th December 2022

Well done Primary 4b, you’ve really impressed me with your learning this week!

In maths, we have been finishing off our addition and subtraction topic.  We have been using the inverse to check our answers and to find missing numbers.  We worked in pairs today to solve written problems and we coached our partner if they needed our help.

In topic, we researched some Scottish castles.  We learnt that Balmoral Castle was rebuilt in 1856.  Glamis Castle is considered by some to be the most beautiful castle in Scotland.  Edinburgh Castle was built on volcanic rock and it has also experienced the most attacks of any castle in the UK.  It had a record-breaking 1.7 million visitors recently.

In our literacy, we have learnt about conjunctions.  We learnt about co-ordinating conjunctions and we use FANBOYS and for subordinating conjunctions we use I SAW A WABUB.  We use conjunctions to add extra information and make our sentences more detailed and interesting.

In health and wellbeing, we were reflecting on how to be a good friend and why friendships are important.

Our highlights:

Millie and Jonah: We liked doing Christmas Corners in PE because it was fun and we got to dance.

Paige: This week, I drew two Winnie the Pooh pictures and I liked showing them to the class.

Aiden and Mariam: We loved doing maths this week because we did a lot of addition and subtraction and used the inverse to check our answers.

Jude: I liked doing Christmas dances for the Christmas party because they were all very fun.

Congratulations to Aiden for being our hot chocolate winner this week.

Have a wonderful time at the disco if you’re going and have a lovely week.  See you on Monday.

Mrs Brown