Primary 4b weekly blog 2/12/22

Well done to Primary 4b for reaching the end of another lovely week.

We celebrated the start of Advent by singing Away in a Manger and Little Donkey and listening to some readings by Primary 4a.

In maths, we continued with subtraction and Big Maths.  We are becoming much more confident at exchanging when subtracting now and Mrs Brown is very proud of us!

We wrote our own castle poems this week.  We looked at The Magic Box by Kit Wright and we then used this style to write our own The Magic Castle poem.  We’ve been publishing them in our neatest writing and we will soon be able to bring a copy of this home.  Some of us also wrote a poem called The Magic Christmas Present, all about Christmas.

Additionally, we used our amazing art skills to paint and decorate our door.  We wanted to create a Christmas fireplace scene.  We designed baubles and stockings for a tree too.  Those of us who wrote Christmas poems also added these to the display, with a picture of a present over the top.

Our highlights from this week:

Aiden- I enjoyed learning the dances for the school disco in PE.  We learnt three dances.  The third one was the funniest one because we had in a circle.

Mariam- My favourite activity this week was decorating the door for Christmas.  I made snowflakes and stockings to add to this.

Jonah- I liked doing the Gay Gordons because we had to go in a circle and move backwards and forwards.

Stefi- My favourite was decorating the door because I enjoyed painting.

A big well done to Leah who is our hot chocolate winner this week.

Have a lovely weekend everyone and see you on Monday!

Mrs Brown