St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

Primary 1A Learning Highlights 4th November 2022

On Monday, we had a Joining the Learning Day with Primary 2 all about Halloween. We went to all the different classes to do different activities. In the area, we got to dook for apples! It was great fun.

We have been learning the sounds ‘i’ and ‘o’ this week. We are becoming more confident in blending the sounds together to try to read words. We also had to sort pictures by their first sound. In writing, we wrote sentences about Bonfire Night. We used our common words and a word bank to help us.

In maths, we measured objects using the conkers. We had to count carefully to see which was the longest or shortest. Some of them were even the same length. We also learned about number 13 and 14.

In our topic work, we have been learning about night and day. We used the globe and a torch to show how we get day and night.

We made special candles for our RE wall this week to remember people who have died. We also learned about All Saints Day.  To start getting ready for our Nativity performance we have been listening to the songs from the show. We even remembered some of the words and have been singing along.

Some of our personal highlights this week are:

Vasilisa – I enjoyed doing rainbows and love hearts.

Eve – I enjoyed playing with the toys and colouring in.

Vedansh – I was playing with the lego and it is my favourite.

Mohitha – I enjoyed learning the Nativity songs.

Summer Rose – I liked reading the words.

Aarav – I enjoyed playing with Mr Potato Head.

Miss Stebbing – I enjoyed making ghost puppets during our Joining the Learning event with Primary 2. I am proud of how everyone is trying hard to use the sounds to read and write words.

Congratulations to Connor who is our Hot Chocolate Winner this week!