Primary 1A Learning Highlights 21st October 2022

This week we learned the sound ‘a’. We have been practising the vowel house story and we are getting good at remembering the sounds for each part. We were spelling out words and had to hit the sounds in the correct order. It was lots of fun!

In maths, we have been looking at facts for 5 and we were able to give lots of examples. We have also been looking at our dot patterns and had to say it quickly before it disappeared!

We have started our new Topic all about Space. We are looking forward to learning about the sun, the moon, the stars and the planets.

In Art, we made Autumn trees using paints and cotton buds. They look very beautiful. We also went outside and collected lots of leaves from the tree in the nursery garden. We then made our own leaf man and watched the wind take it away on an adventure.

Some of our personal highlights this week are:

Joshua – I enjoyed playing with the cars.

Olga – I enjoyed writing.

Harald – I enjoyed playing with the trains.

Summer – I enjoyed hearing the Leaf Man story.

Vasilisa – I enjoyed drawing.

Alexander – I enjoyed making the Leaf Man and it did not blow away.

Miss Stebbing – I loved reading the Leaf Man story and seeing all the wonderful Leaf Men made with the leaves outside. I was also very impressed with how hard everyone tried to read and write words during Literacy Time.