St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

Primary 4B weekly blog 7th October 2022

We’ve had a lovely last week in P4.

In maths, we’ve been looking at time.  We’ve made analogue clocks and have spent lots of time understanding how to read and show the time.  We made flaps on them so we can peel them back to see the number of minutes and also how to see we would say this in words too. We’ve found using the clocks very helpful.

We continued our work on procedures in English and literacy.  We’ve looked at some more different example texts as part of our reading comprehension and we’ve continued to really impress Mrs Brown with our nouns, adjectives, verbs and adverbs understanding.

We have been looking at greetings in Spanish and our pronunciation is coming along well!  We have looked at a range of household inventions in Topic and we completed some research on some of their inventors.

Some highlights from this week:

Paige, Jonah and Stefi: I’ve liked playing Cross the Golden River in games.  We were all sweaty!

Shelby and Alexa: I liked doing maths (learning the time).

Khael: I liked all my learning.  Maths was my favourite.

Matteo:  I really liked doing the inventions posters.

Ishani S: I liked making the clocks.

Layla: I liked going to the hall on Friday because our house won the House Point competition.  We watched Alice in Wonderland.  It was great!

Zac, Ishani M and Jude: I liked Big Maths.  Jude is happy because he is now onto the next level.

Well done to Stefi for being our Hot Chocolate winner this week.  Stefi has been really ready, respectful and safe and has shown some great independent learning.

Jude also made this very creative model during a wet break this week:

Have a wonderful break everybody and I really look forward to seeing you when you get back.  If you can, try to practise your time skills at home.  When we return, we will be converting the time from analogue to digital.

Mrs Brown 🙂