St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

Primary 2A – 7.10.22

It’s been another fantastic week in P2A.  The children have been super busy and lots of learning has taken place!

In literacy we have been focusing on the ‘ch’ and ‘tch’ sounds and the children completed lots of fun tasks to practise reading and writing these sounds in different words.  In writing, the children used their imagination to write about what they will do when they are a grandparent.  They come up with some very interesting ideas, from learning to ice skate to spending their days drinking coffee and eating cake.

In Maths, we continued to practise counting in 2’s, 5’s and 10’s in preparation for learning the times tables.  We also learned about capacity, in particular how we measure liquids using litres and half litres.

We learned in topic about an animated TV programme from the 70’s called Morph.  We then used the ipads and playdough to create our very own Morph animations.

Here are a few weekly highlights from the children:

Jiade – I loved making a Morph animation, it was great fun!

Diana – I liked making myself as a granny because it was so fun!

Caiden – I liked writing about what I will do when I am a Grandpa.

Riley – I liked watching the movie in the hall because my house won the most house points.

Aadya – I loved learning about capacity and playing in the water, filling the tubs and seeing how many of one could fit into another.

Zion – I enjoyed free writing Friday.  I wrote about going on holiday.

Big congratulations to our Hot Chocolate Friday winner, Zion!  He very much deserves the recognition for always working hard and being kind and friendly to others.  What a star!

We hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and we look forward to seeing the children for the next term of Primary 2.