P2B Week Beginning 9th May 2022

This week we have been learning about Farming and were interested in finding out where foods come from – plant or animal? We listened to the story ‘The Little Red Hen’  who grew wheat, harvested it and turned it into flour to make bread. The children helped measure out the ingredients to make a loaf of bread for the class to taste – it was very yummy.

We have been looking at the 10 times table and continuing to practise the 2s and 5s. We are starting to explore the link with division and have been practising sharing a group of items equally into groups. We also went to the Woodlands on Monday and enjoyed exploring the area. Some children were pretending to be the Three Billy Goats  and Troll from the story we read last week and were acting it out on a log which we pretended was a bridge.

Highlights from the Yellow Table:

Ksawery – I liked making the bread because when I looked in the bread machine it looked very tasty.

Scott – I liked throwing the shot put in PE. I got it really far.

Addison – I liked when we made the bread because it tasted good and it was the best bread I have ever had.

Haadiya – I liked doing the splat Number Talk because it was very fun when we all splat at the board to hide the dots.

Ismaeel – I liked Explorify when the picture was really zoomed in and you had to guess what it could be.

Well done to Ismaeel who won the Hot Chocolate Award.

Have a lovely weekend,

Miss Lawrence