P3B Learning Highlights – Wk Beg 2.5.22

It has been a bit of a strange week in Primary 3 with the two holidays splitting up our learning. However, on the days that the children have been in school, we are proud to say, they have worked super hard!

Maths – We have been working on rounding numbers to the nearest 10 and 100.  We have also been practising measuring classroom items using cm’s  and mm’s.  Today we did a bit of maths problem solving with a partner and as you can see from the photos, we all worked very well together to solve the problems.

Literacy – This week we wrote a piece of personal writing about a special day in our life.  The children had to recount the events of the day in the correct order, whilst also including details and feelings.

HWB – We have been learning about the Eatwell Plate and how to eat a balanced diet.  The children worked together to sort different types of food into the correct food groups.  I wonder if they can tell you the names of the different food groups and which ones we should eat most of?

Learning Highlights:

Daniel:  I enjoyed Free Writing Friday.

Ishani M:  I like measuring different things in the classroom using a ruler.

Stefi:  I liked doing the Maths problem solving with my partner.

Matteo:  I enjoyed doing rounding in Maths.

Markuss: I liked writing about a day in my life.

Jonah:  I loved doing javelin throwing in PE.

We hope you have a wonderful weekend!

P3B