Primary 1A Learning Highlights 18th March 2022

This week has been a very busy week in P1A.  We have been doing lots of work on our topic about living things.  We learned about the lifecycle of a butterfly and made a poster about this using different pasta.  We also discussed all the things that a baby needs and we have had a house corner with two dolls in the classroom to practise looking after them.  In writing, we have been learning about exposition texts and we have to try and persuade people.  We chose between a bee and a butterfly to say which one we thought was the best.  We used Chatterpix to record our sentences.  We also made our own bees during art and we had to use our cutting skills.

In maths we have been learning about estimating.  We have also started learning about the greater than and less than symbols.  We watched Numberblocks and saw Blockzilla who likes the biggest number.  We noticed its mouth had the greater than or less than symbol.

During Outdoor Learning we saw some daffodils growing.  We had to take some shelter in the gazebo when the rain got very heavy!  We played with the loose parts for a while and saw our buddies who had been in the Woodland tidying up the rubbish.  We are looking forward to going back up to the Woodland next week.

Some of our personal highlights this week are:

Chimamanda – I enjoyed playing with the babies in the house.

Caiden – I liked playing with the dinosaurs.

Vivien – I enjoyed colouring in at Creative Zone.

Diana – I enjoyed learning about butterflies.

Linda – I enjoyed learning about the lifecycles of things.

Zion – I enjoyed playing in Creative Zone.

Rory – I loved doing gymnastics at PE.