St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

P2B Week Beginning 7th March 2022

Hello P2B,

We have had a super week celebrating book week. We enjoyed reading lots of stories and voting on which one was the best – The Ninjabread Man was the winner!

We have been writing chapters of stories alongside the P1’s and P3’s. We were given the setting, character and an object and using our imagination, had to create part of the story. They are fabulous, we can’t wait to share them with you all.

The whole school have been reading the story ‘Bloom’ which has a wonderful message in it, ask your child to see if they can remember!

Today we had a dress down day for SCIAF and raised lots of money. Using the coins, we managed to cover 5 and a half maps of Malawi – Well done!

Highlights from the Red Table:

Aaeryn-Leigh – I really liked making the bookmarks because we got to colour them any way we wanted and give it to Primary 6s.

Matthias – I liked writing on the flowers for my friends to say you are beautiful or you are kind like in the Bloom book that we read.

Michael – I liked PE because we were doing forward rolls on the mat.

Amelia – I liked when we were doing maths and we had to see how much change the shop keeper needs to give.

Jayden – I liked doing forward rolls in PE on the mat because I am good at them. I do them on my trampoline at home.

Kacper – I liked listening to the book about penguins. I wanted it to win the vote but it didn’t.

Well done to Scott who won the Hot Chocolate Award.

Have a lovely weekend,

Miss Lawrence