St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

Primary 1A Learning Highlights 11th February 2022

This week in Literacy we have been revising all our sounds and common words.  We have also been practising listening for the last sound in words and reading three letter words.  For writing we have been learning about information reports.  We looked at a text about bikes and talked about the different sentences.  During reading we have been using the pointers to follow the words.

We have been busy making our entries for the Park Smart competition.  After watching a video about road safety we thought of some slogans for our posters.  Miss Stebbing was very impressed with our drawings.

In Maths we have been working on our subtraction strategies.  We have also been learning vocabulary about length including longest, shortest, smallest and tallest. In number talks we have been looking at 10 frames and discussing how we can see the dot patterns for 6.

During C.O.O.L (choosing our own learning) time the creative zone has been very busy.  We have been making valentine crafts and lots of us have been interested in drawing the Ninja Turtles.  Our Chinese Restaurant has also been very busy and we have been using the tables beside the role play area to set up a party.

We have finished our lessons for God’s Loving Plan and have been learning about the family of Jesus, Mary his mother and celebrating our own mums.

Some of our personal highlights this week are:

Diana – I liked playing in the Chinese Restaurant.

Caiden – I liked to play with the Numberblocks.

Rory – I loved playing in Creative Zone.

Laura – I liked playing with everything.

Vivien – I liked building with the straws.

Ollie – I liked playing with the dragons.

Chimamanda – I liked playing in Creative Zone.

Aadya – I liked making things in creative zone and playing with the straws.